Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana || Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Form || Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Interest Rate || Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Benefits || Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Registration || Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Features || Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Post Office || Girl Child Scheme
Introduction To SSY:
Girls always remain an integral part of every family. They are not the only companion for a lifetime but also take care of their families in various relationships. They need care & support in return. So, Government of India has introduced a scheme for the girl child named as a Sukanaya Samriddhi Yojana (SSY).
This scheme is a deposit scheme as a division of Beti Bachao Beti Padhao campaign. To provide security for future, this scheme is designed to fulfill the education & marriage expenses of a girl child. This scheme is beneficial because it attracts an interest rate of 9.1% & gives an income-tax advantage.
Who is eligible to open an account in SSY Scheme?:
- Any parent can open an account for their girl child until she doesn’t complete 10 years or either her parents or legal guardian can take care of her account. After the age of 10 years, girl child herself is responsible to her own account.
How Many Accounts Are Valid Under This Scheme?:
- Only one account on a single girl child can be open.
- Girl child’s parents & legal depositor can open maximum two accounts.
- If any parents have girl child for the first time or twins on the second time as well can open a third account also.
Documents Required For Opening Account Under This Scheme:
- Birth Certificate of Girl Child.
- Depositor Identity Proof.
- Depositor Address Proof.
Rules & Regulation for Opening Account Under This Scheme:
- The account can be opened with the minimum amount of ₹1,000 only. If any one can’t deposit such amount then they can deposit ₹100 on assurety that he will deposit ₹1,000 in the same financial year.
- Minimum ₹1,000 or Maximum ₹1,50,000 can be deposited in a single financial year.
- If prescribed minimum account is not deposited into account then a penalty of ₹ 50 will be imposed.
Modes of Deposit:
Deposit in the account can be made through by Cheque, Cash, Demand Draft, even on the name of Postmaster & branch Demand Draft can be deposited into the account.
Benefits of Opening Account Under This Scheme:
- Firstly interest rates are revised by every year according to Budget.
- The amount can be deposited in this account until 14 years or till Girl Child 21st Birthday or until her marriage.
- There is a facility of bank passbook in this scheme. In which all the important information regarding girl child & her account is been recorded.
Features of SSY Scheme:
- The account under this scheme can be transferred to any city state or in any branch where account holder Girl child is accessible.
- In case death of Account holder Girl child, the account can be closed immediately on producing Death certificate of Girl child issued by the capable authority. The amount will be paid along with interest rate till that month.
- In the form of credit, 50% of the amount can be withdrawal from the account only in case of her higher education or Marriage.